Sunday, May 12, 2013

What I Wore Sunday: Mother's Day Edition!

Prepare yourself.  Some seriously underwhelming Mommy's Day attire is ahead.  But for good reason!  This year our parish started an American Heritage Girls troop.  It's very similar to Girl Scouts, but is Christ-centered in every aspect.  They are a "...non-profit organization dedicated to the mission of building women of integrity through service to God, family, community, and country." And we have loved every minute!

Mia is part of the youngest unit, The Pathfinders.  And I am their fearless leader.  I seriously lucked out with the sweetest group of 5 year old girls and we've had a blast.  We got a late start and had our fair share of first year hiccups, but we were still able to work in flag etiquette, meteorology, first-aid, cake decorating, a few community service activities, religious badges and finish the work for our unit level award.  We had a lot of fun and are looking forward to the crossing over ceremony later this month where my girls will officially become Tenderhearts! 

Now this is a What I Wore post, so without further adieu, here we are in our red, white and blue AHG gear, looking a little more like the 4th of July than Mother's Day.  I don't think there was a single good shot.  Here's how it went down...

Too silly and squirmy to look at the camera..



Then Mia decided smiling was for the birds...

We tried to cheer her up



And then decided to just forget it.......best pose - go!



Nothing says “Happy Mother’s Day” like a polo and khakis.   If these pictures weren’t outside, you might think it was “Visit Your Favorite Target Employee Day”.  In fact, Mia and I made a trip to Target later that afternoon and I spared myself from being asked where to find____ and changed before we left.  For anyone looking for a decent basic polo and khakis and or ready to start their new Tarjay career, both these are from Old Navy.  

Linking up with folks at Fine Linen & Purple where I'm sure the Mother's Day finery is much finer than I.

Happy Day to all the Mama's!


3 comments:

  1. He, he, these remind me of the photos we took at my house (which I just got developed and need to send you). I adore your kiddos. I hope your Mother's Day was just as special as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Target employee! I love it!!! And the family pictures are fabulous - I feel like the outtakes are sometimes better than the "good" pictures :) I made the mistake of bribing my kids to take a good picture the other day when we had our church directory photo taken. Now they keep asking me to take a family picture so that they can have a piece of candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet pictures!! Loved them. I've been wondering about American Heritage Girls. My daughter and I have talked briefly about it for her two little girls. I know there are troops around where we live but we need to look into the cost. I would love to help her out if she and her husband decide on that. We need to do some research. I hope you had a great Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...