Sunday, April 21, 2013

What I Wore Sunday: The photo dump

Hello!  My mom just sent me a message to check in since we've been "off the radar".  To say the least!

I'm sure you're sick of hearing that we've been sick.  It's beginning to turn into an awkward girl-who-cried-sick scenario, but yup, sick again. Like off and on since December sick.  But we're feeling better, and trying not to let spring allergies get us down. I won't whine anymore and just say that I'm grateful we were all well enough to make Mass a full family affair today!

I actually have been taking outfit photos, I just haven't been coherent enough to write up a post.  So lucky you gets a What I Wore photo dump today.   Some of these are church duds and others just randomness mostly shared on Instagram

Here's when spring thought it would be funny to show up like it was going to stay back in March.  I was all excited to bust out the spring color.

green skinnies, polka dot shirt, navy green and yellow
 (Shirt: Old Navy | Green skinnies & yellow belt: Target | Green/Yellow cuff: Downeast Basics)

Then it snowed again and I had to dig out the winter sweaters I had foolishly packed away.
 grey and white polka dot sweater
(sweater: Forever 21)

A missed winter in spring Mass outfit
(All Tarjay)

Another Downeast Basics accessory...my "love" necklace.  Love!

And it sort of started to warm up last week.  Enough to bare my ghostly white legs (which look paler than usual here).  Would you believe that I'm actually Greek?  Neither would I.
I really love the length of this skirt.  When I first put it on, the skirt just swallowed my 5'5" frame.  Then I added heels, and it magically looked alright.   And it's a super comfy knit to boot!

Kinsi, this shot's for you...
(Top: Target | Skirt: Gap (online sale) | Shoes: swap with a friend | Necklace: Grandmother's | Bracelet: gift)

On the way to Mass I grabbed this pic....driving to church alone with empty carseats.  Normally, I welcome a distraction free Mass, but this is how James and I have done Mass for the past few months.  Tag teaming it while one stays with sick kids and the other goes to church.  He would take the 7am Mass and I would hit the 9am.  A little sad to be solo yet again.


And this was today....
Warm enough for a skirt/dress, but not warm enough for a shorter one.  I'll take it!

(Dress: Old Navy online | Jacket: Forever 21 | Bracelets & Bubble watch: Target)

A girlfriend and I have season tickets to a local community theater here.  It's sort of a standing monthly date and this time I'm excited to be driving the mom-van without the kiddos to meet her.


Hooray for Mass as a complete and healthy family, an awesome homily, and time with a dear friend!  I hope spring has finally sprung in your neck of the woods and thanks to the gals over at Fine Linen And Purple for hosting this fun weekly link up!

I'm going through the mountain of pictures from our TX beach trip and hope to get some up this week. :)





6 comments:

  1. Look at all that cuteness!! Loved the photo dump and the fashion inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the teal with the black striped skirt! I have several skirts that are *just* too long without heels as well - much as I would like wearing flats all the time, heels are a must to make my 5'2" frame not look stumpy! Wedges have become my new best friend as a mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outfits are cute, yes. But can I just say... your hair! Gorgeous! I wish I could have long hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Autumn - your hair is stunning! I just had a haircut and when I saw yours so perfectly styled, I am now missing mine! LOL

    Also - I love your long dress.. perfect for this time of year! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That teal/striped combo is AWESOME. And actually, I WOULD guess you were Greek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So ... I realized that was me. Whoopsie.

      Delete

Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...