Sunday, December 30, 2012

What I Wore Sunday: A New Spot!

Happy Feast of the Holy Family to you!

Later in the week I'll have more to share on some changes in store for the blogs in 2013, but one of the biggest changes is this here fashion post switcheroo!  

Back in October I came on as a catholic fashion blogger for the It's Fun To Be A Girl ministry (you can click on the "What I Wore" menu tab or the button on the side bar for more on that!), and for the past couple months I've been sharing these "What I Wore" type posts over on the house blog.   

My thought was to connect the fashion posts with some of my style choices within the home (i.e. my obsession with anything bearing stripes).  Not such a brilliant idea.  It only touched on the style aspect of the clothes.....I felt a little cramped talking modesty and new feminism on a DIY house blog.

I think I'll have a little more breathing room over here and hopefully be motivated to post more often on both modest style and faith/family!  I moved the gallery page to this blog.  You can find it under the "What I Wore" tab on the menu bar.  All the links to old outfit posts are there, but still hosted on Fresh Coat Of Paint.  Any future outfit posts will call Crinion Clan home from now on.

So let's get to it!

This was another week where a summer maxi came to the rescue.  I love this dress because it came with a built-in liner...so even though it's a summer dress, it definitely has some weight to it.  And really, is there anything more comfortable than a maxi?  


In an effort to do my part in reducing the get-out-the-door-on-time stress in the mornings, I'm trying to shower at night.  It was a late one though and I was too tired to bust out the blow dryer and curling iron.  So it's big, au natural hair around here today.

And it's still pretty darn cold around here, so I wore a pair of grey leggings and my tall riding boots under the dress.

Of course, this whole outfit was buried under gloves, scarf and jacket.   And can you smell my perfume wafting through your computer screen?  That would be "Ode to Bacon".  The Mister finds cooking bacon to be therapudic, and standing in the cloud of his sizzling wake means bacon smell is surely permeating every thread of these here duds. 

The rundown...

Dress & Leggings:  Old Navy clearance
Cardi:  Target, old.
Belt:  Came with another top
Boots:  Marshalls
Earrings:  The Limited



Hope you all had a great weekend!  Catch more Mass finery over at the Fine Linen And Purple party.

24 comments:

  1. Wow, those prints are stunning! I also must stop drooling over the riding boots. I envy your being able to shower the night before. I am so oily that my hair pre-washed at night and blow out straight is unwashed and yucky in the morning. Love you thick haired women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm always annoyed that my think hair takes so long to dry :)

      Delete
  2. Deme, I envy that you are disciplined enough for two blogs. I can barely muster the words to link up once a week. I look forward to following both blogs. Oh, and you look breezy chic in that getup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! In the past I've tended to focus my attention mainly on one or the other and am hoping to find a better balance! And some discipline - I could use more of that!

      Delete
  3. Maxis absolutely ARE the best, as is big, au naturel hair :-) Oh, and also- my husband has recently started using this new soap that I *think* is supposed to smell like fire wood. Instead, I think it smells like bacon. Ehhh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I will not be letting my husband in on that little pearl; otherwise he would be sneaking out to the store for his own bar.

      Delete
  4. Two blogs?? I bow to you. Smashing all my stuff into one is more than enough work for this scattered girl. And love the profesh. look to both of them. So impressed!

    Love the belt over cardi look but I'm just not confident enough to do it myself. Maybe soon, maybe soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two actually helps me focus otherwise it's all just a jumbled mess that makes no sense. Like two different people talking! I haven't been good at maintaining both so here's hoping to a better year :)

      Delete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! Maxi dresses are super comfy and come in handy even in winter =)
    I thought I smelled bacon a minute ago... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this layered look is awesome! And I must say that I do love your natural hair! Great new blog design too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the Queen of "maximizing" the maxi....confession: I have none. Resolution: make the purchase. Your hair is so beautiful, makes me want to grow mine out again. As for the eau de bacon....I bet you had people salivating all over the place at Mass....my boys would follow anyone that smelled of bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress and cardi! If only they made Maxi dresses for tall people!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah and Ann-Marie - I'm sure that must be utterly annoying! I'm always having the opposite problem where I'm tripping on them :) Old Navy and Gap have tall sections, maybe a clearance find will pop up for ya :)

      Delete
  9. I second Hannah! At over six feet tall, I have yet to find a maxi that is long enough. But yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been know to cut a maxi dress with a waist line right under the bust....might be a workable maxi skirt option for a tall gal :)

      Delete
  10. Those boots! Nothing but "amazing." :-) I love that you wore the tights underneath the maxi - such a fabulous way to bring a typically summer item into the chillier days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare! It definitely give me more options for the winter months!

      Delete
  11. LOVE the boots, love the belt and really it looks great. I wish I could do more maxi dresses!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that look! And you are so lucky your hair looks so pretty washing it at night and no blow-drying. Really! Ever since we moved down here from WA my hair doesn't know if it's curly or straight (in the humidity I have big curls that I love, here not so much). So I end up having to blow dry so it looks like something at least hehe
    I love this new aspect of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Catie! Whenever we visit James' family in humid Houston, there is no point in even attempting a smooth look. My natural waves are serious curls there.....and that was deceiving - I let my hair air dry a little over half way and then used the hair dryer with the defuser attachment for 1-2 minutes (with my head down and hair flipped over). But one minute sure beats the alternative!

      Delete
  13. That maxi dress is lovely! My girls and I live in maxi dresses. And we just went on a boot excursion so totally into those boots as well. Now if my husband's wallet could just appreciate these excursions, we'd be all set! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and may take a moment to appear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...